Electric Fireplace | Electricians in Huntsville, AL
Mention fall and most of us picture leaves of scarlet and gold, along with warm days and crisp, cool evenings. Sitting in front of a fireplace, hot chocolate in hand, before a warm fire and dancing flames and glowing embers, induces a relaxation no doubt shared by our ancestors in days long gone by. If you have committed yourself to being environmentally responsible, you don’t have to forego a fireplace and the magic of flames. With an electric fireplace installed by Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL, you can have the relaxation and warmth of a fireplace, and be environmentally responsible as well.
Electric fireplaces aren’t only for the environmentally conscientious. The extreme versatility, broad range of styles and sizes, and the realistic flames and coals, as well as a source of heat when desired, make them an attractive option for any homeowner desiring to forego on the cost of a brick and mortar installation of a wood burner.
- Unlike traditional wood burners, electric fireplaces don’t emit toxic greenhouse gases. Even “clean combustion” wood burners continue to produce dangerous carbon monoxide. Among the various electric fireplaces available are models with an air filter that assist in improving air quality.
- An electric fireplace can be set up on an existing hearth, with no flue required. This enables you to close the damper off and cap the chimney, removing one more energy eating air infiltration from the home.
- An electric fireplace provides an efficient source of heat, and can be used for zone heating. For the greatest energy efficiency purchase a model with a thermostat, this allows control over the level of heat desired. Some models even offer a timer and a remote control.
- Additional features of electric fireplaces are that you can use them in the summer without heat. A feature allows the heat source to be off, and the flame function to be on. You won’t find that feature on a wood burner. You can also turn the flames off, and using only the heat function. Electric fireplaces and logs offer various log and “coal” configurations, in a variety of sizes.
- Installation is very versatile for the electric fireplace. You can install them in the fireplace, on the wall or in a custom surround. Portable models are available increasing their versatility and use in almost any room.
- Electric fireplaces have become popular in spa-like bathrooms, mounted in kitchen walls and cabinetry, dining rooms. They are even used outdoors on under the shelter of covered porches, in large gazebos and other covered outdoor structures. Models not in free standing cabinets or simple logs in the fireplace are best installed by a licensed electrician in Huntsville, AL.
- An electric fireplace provides safety features. Even when knocked over (not an easy feat under normal circumstances), the safety tilt switch and shatterproof glass screen offer protection. Models are available with a “stay cool” surface, making them safe to use around children. As with any electric appliance, the electric fireplace should not be used around water or flammable materials.
- Electric logs are available for installation in existing fireplaces. If you would like electric logs installed in an existing fireplace without a cord running across the hearth, Mister Sparky’s licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical service you desire.
- Electrical fireplaces are recyclable, and numerous manufacturers offer replaceable parts extending your enjoyment for years to come.
Mister Sparky offers licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL with the expertise to provide electrical wiring repair, installation or other electrical services when you require electricians in Huntsville, AL. We serve Huntsville, Guntersville, Decatur, Toney, Athens, New Market and the surrounding areas.