Kitchen Upgrades | Electricians Huntsville, AL
Affordable Kitchen Upgrades
You don’t have to take out a home equity loan to upgrade your kitchens appeal and style. By selecting the kitchen upgrades that will provide the most bang for your buck, you can increase both the kitchen’s function and style. When your budget friendly upgrades involve electrical repair service or installation, contact Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL for prompt, reliable service.
Upgrading kitchen appliances are a fast way to add class. You are no doubt tired of the harvest gold or avocado green hand me downs your grandmother gave you. Or perhaps your white appliances simply don’t add any style to your kitchen at all. Select stainless steel appliances for an instant upgrade in class.
Many persons don’t realize that stainless steel is available in a matte finish that helps to mask the fingerprints of your little ones. Even when the grape jelly isn’t masked very well, simply wipe clean with a damp rag and swipe with a soft cloth to try. The finish is good as new! The smooth finish of a matte stainless steel is easy to clean, unlike textured colored appliances with the grooves that make cleaning a chore.
New appliances can also provide an added benefit of increased energy efficiency to reduce your utility costs. If you need to move appliances to improve the kitchen’s flow, contact our electricians in Huntsville, AL for the needed wiring.
Clear Out the Clutter
Nothing can kill style as much as clutter can. Clutter makes it hard to clean, takes up work space and can make a $100,000 kitchen look cheap and dirty. Here is how to do it:
- Begin by completely clearing the counter tops. Once cleared add the essentials, the coffee pot, a toaster and your canister set. Everything else should be tucked away conveniently, or given a new space. Consider a portable cart for the microwave or an over the stove microwave/toaster oven/ ventilating fan for the ultimate space saver (in matte stainless steel to match your new appliances). Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical installation you require.
- If you have the space and need additional storage, consider adding matching cabinets, or a work island, our electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical service that you require making your new island a true workspace. Pop-up outlets can provide the power you require, while remaining out of sight when not in use. Hanging a pot rack will free up cabinet space, while providing additional storage. Pot racks can be hung from the ceiling, and models are available for wall hanging.
- Change out the countertop if it is outdated, stained or cracked. If the budget won’t allow it consider one of the countertop refinishing kits. Basically you are painting the countertop with a finish more durable than paint. If you are able to DIY, a stained concrete countertop is an upgrade that adds a modern touch of big style to a kitchen. With practice, and a little imagination you can take a concrete countertop over the top.
- Imagine concrete that is stained to look like slate. Or for some ultra-modern ambiance, add something truly magnificent. Shop rock shows or online for oversized geo-stones. When added to a countertop “window style” and LED lighting added beneath, a geostone, other opaque stone or glass of your choice will take your countertop completely over the top in style. Just add simple LED battery lights under the counter to shine on the geostone, or contact Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL. We will be glad to wire lighting for you.
- Change out outdated lighting to add the mood you want to create. Want a modern vibe? Select an industrial style metal finish. If the kitchen is dark, selecting a polished metal finish will add extra gleam by bouncing light off of the finish.
- If you have a bar in the kitchen that you often use sipping drinks with a few friends, add a bar like atmosphere to increase the relaxation with pendant lights and mica shades, or stained glass for example. The trick is to use muted lighting to create the ambiance of a relaxing atmosphere. Prefer to carry the industrial vibe to the bar? Select your fixture and add soft light such as LED blue for example. Our electricians in Huntsville, AL can install the fixtures for you, and add lights where you need them.
- Paint the walls, and perhaps the ceiling. New paint can create the mood you want, and brighten dark kitchens. If you want to brighten a room that is more cave than kitchen, bright white will your best bet. If you like color, choose a light shade. You can also brighten up a cave like room by installing additional lighting. Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL electricians can provide the lighting you require, and provide a dimmer to enable you to adjust the brightness to the level you need.
- New flooring will lift your mood as well as the kitchen’s appearance. Flooring covers a large surface area in the kitchen, and if it looks dreary, it makes the whole room look bad. Modern tiles and linoleum are available in a myriad of stylish design and will fit almost any budget.
- Provide a focal point for your kitchen. A focal point can be a favorite painting, a stylish vent hood, a wine cooler or a fireplace. Fireplaces are gaining popularity in modern kitchens. Depending on the style it can add a touch of rustic, or cool, suave ultra-modern, or a bit of elegant traditional.
We promised you affordable, and an electric fireplace can provide exactly that. Forget the $5K to $10K construction of a real fireplace. You can have an electric model for as little as $89 when you shop around. An alternative is a gel fireplace. Our licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical outlet you require for the warm glow of an electric fireplace.
Mister Sparky provides certified, skilled and licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL for your kitchen upgrades. We serve the North Alabama region.