Faulty Electrical Wiring | Electrical Contractors Huntsville, AL
Electrical wiring seldom gives trouble, especially in newer homes. However, it is critical to remain watchful of potential problems. Ignoring an electrical issue may result in serious hazards, including an electrical-related house fire. Being unable to see the wiring in your home means you should be aware of the signs of potential problems. Contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL to schedule the electrical repair your home requires.
Electrical Wiring Warning Signs
When your home’s electrical system experiences any of the following, contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL for business or home electrical repair:
- A frequently tripped circuit breaker means that it is either overloaded, faulty or there is a wiring problem. A faulty electrical appliance that is connected to the circuit may also trigger a thrown breaker.
- Lights that frequently dim or flicker may indicate faulty wiring or an overloaded circuit. If it only occurs in one location a faulty bulb, light fixture or loose connection may be the cause.
- The odor of burnt plastic indicates wiring damage. Even if the scent is brief and short lived contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL and get it checked out.
When signs of an electrical issue are noted, to ensure the safety of the home’s occupants don’t delay the repair.
The Need for a Professional Electrical Company
The rewire of an entire home is a daunting endeavor for even accomplished do-it-yourself homeowners. Furthermore, your local building codes most likely require the work to be provided by a certified and licensed electrician. It is hazardous for non-professionals to work with electricity. Furthermore, the use of Mister Sparky’s licensed electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL ensures the work is up to code and safe. You don’t want to place your family’s lives at risk!
The following are some examples of electrical hazards requiring the attention of Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL.
- Loose electrical connections leading to outlets and switches can overheat. If any of them are hot to the touch or discolored, it is likely dangerous heat is building up.
- Relying upon extension cords for long term power can cause overheating and result in a fire. Especially if a large number of devices are plugged in to the extension cord. It is not only the extension cord at risk of overheating, but also the outlet and circuit in use. Repeated tripping of the involved circuit breaker indicates the circuit is overloaded. Repair may be as simple as the addition of more circuit breakers. Contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL for an evaluation of your home’s electrical system.
- Smoke detectors not regularly inspected and tested, and batteries that are not replaced twice a year place your family at risk.
- Electrical outlets and hanging electrical cords accessible to small children, without safety covers place little ones at risk of injury, shock or electrocution. Discard or repair lamps or other devices with frayed electrical cords.
The North Alabama region possesses numerous beautiful, historical homes. For those who love them, no satisfaction is any greater than restoring them to their former glory. Unfortunately, unless electrical updating has been provided by a former owner, the safety of its wiring is questionable.
First of all, outdated wiring is dangerous enough in itself. Then you must consider that when installed, lighting, a radio, a black and white TV, a wringer washer and a sewing machine were likely the only load they had to carry at the time.
Fast forward to today’s flat screen LCD TVs, several PCs, faxes, printers, game systems, central air and an electric furnace, refrigerators, freezers, dryers, dishwashers and hot water heater in a typical home. Collectively, they are pulling more electricity than the outdated wiring in your home was designed to carry. Furthermore, time will have added wear and aging to the dangerous wiring condition developing in your home. Give us a call, our experienced electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL will provide your home with safe, up-to-code wiring in your historical home.
Homeowners of wonderful older homes often have too few outlets, and use extension cords to make up the difference. This is a really bad idea. Then there is the problem of the older outlets being designed for two rather than three pronged devices and appliances. So you have either cut off the third prong or are using an adapter. This means your appliances aren’t grounded, and it is an even worse idea. Over time old connections become loose, and insulation (if it ever had any to speak of) rots, crumbles and cracks, falling away and exposing bare wire. Old light fixtures are particularly vulnerable to time.
Any of these present a fire hazard from faulty electrical wiring, threatening your property and potentially the lives of your family. You certainly don’t want any danger to either. Contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL today for an inspection of your home’s electrical wiring system. We can provide you with the electrical services you need, and peace of mind with safe, effective wiring. Mister Sparky serves the North Alabama region with a wide variety of professional electrical services. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.