Kitchen lighting has a significant impact on the functionality, and the aesthetics of the space. Functionality of the kitchen is critical. After all, when you can’t see what you’re doing the quality of the food and drinks you prepare may be affected. It’s unfortunate when the single beautiful light fixture you chose simply can’t provide the lighting you need, or the appearance and mood you thought it would. Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical services you need.
Planning can prevent disappointments, and even when the remodel is complete, mistakes can be resolved. Don’t find yourself regretting your kitchen design decisions; consider the function of lighting from the start. Lighting today offers a great deal of variety, it is no longer simply selecting the maximum wattage of incandescent bulbs for a fixture. Different types of lighting provide for a variety of tasks and goals, and it all comes down to how you want your kitchen presented aesthetically, and the function you need it to provide. Consider the following types of lighting for kitchen design.
For visual appeal and function in your kitchen, consider these types of lighting:
- Ambient lighting is used to provide general illumination for your kitchen. In a kitchen with a lot of natural light during the day, it may be used only during the evening, so consider its effect after dusk. Chandeliers, track lighting, or wall-mounted fixtures are a few examples of ambient lighting.
- Accent lighting highlights focal points of the kitchen. Directional recessed, track lighting, and soft spotlights are effective forms for bringing out your kitchen’s best features.
- Task lighting is used to provide illumination for performing specific tasks, such as cooking on a stovetop, a food prep area, or a serving area. The following work especially well:
- Track lighting illuminates a workspace from overhead. It uses incandescent, fluorescent, or halogen bulbs. Replacing a central light fixture with track lighting provides versatility, and simplicity. The existing electrical box can be used without any additional boxes being required.
- Pendant lighting comes in a wide variety of styles, and adds beauty and function to your design. It’s excellent for a breakfast bar, or a food prep area.
- Recessed lighting in the ceiling, and under cabinets, provides an excellent source of attractive lighting. It is ideal for illuminating countertop work areas. Recessed lighting provides aesthetic appeal, and a sense of drama when installed above or under cabinets. A variety of fixtures are now available for the look and style you desire.
Mister Sparky licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide for your electrical needs. Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL offer experienced, licensed electricians serving North Alabama communities. In addition, when an electrical emergency occurs, give us a call. Mister Sparky’s electricians in Huntsville, AL provide the expertise you can rely on 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for your electrical emergencies. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.