Pool lighting provides the opportunity to beautify the back yard, create mood lighting, and to serve the function of extending its use into the evening hours. When you’re considering upgrading your pool lighting, allow yourself to think creatively, and consider the following tips for improving both the looks and function of your pool. Mister Sparky electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL can provide the electrical services you need.
Pool Lighting Tips
The typical pool lighting may enable guests to swim after dark, but it does little to improve its function or appearance. Be creative, and make your pool stand out from the rest. Creative use of lighting can create a magical pool for your family and friends to enjoy. Take advantage of the following tips to beautify your pool, and improve safety and function:
- Don’t blind guests: Ensure you point your pool lights away from poolside seating areas.
- Create even lighting: Locate lighting to shine in various directions to eliminate shadows, and provide even coverage.
- Selecting a liner: The color of the pool liner will affect the pool’s appearance, and the preferred lighting choices. A light color will reflect light and provide a bright, inviting appearance. Select a darker liner if you want a subdued, relaxing appearance.
- Lighting has a major impact on a pool’s appearance, and it is a feature that numerous homeowners ignore. If you want your pool to be a positive contribution to the appearance of the back yard, spend the money for lighting.
Pool Lighting Safety
Faulty pool lighting can lead to electrical shock, and even death. This is why you should only hire licensed electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL for pool lighting installation.
In addition, there are other potential hazards involved in a pool, they include:
- Electrical wiring that was improperly installed, or not installed by a licensed electrician and/or is of questionable age
- Sump pumps, vacuums, and other electrical pool care equipment that is aging or isn’t grounded
- Electrical products and/or extension cords near the pool
- Faulty or the lack of ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI) exterior electrical outlets outdoors and near the pool
Your safety is Mister Sparky’s highest priority. We adhere to or exceed the electrical industry standards and code to assure your safety and satisfaction. Due to the potential for elemental exposure, we recommend an annual inspection of your pool’s electrical system. Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL can provide this service for you.
Pool Safety Tips:
- Know the location of switches and circuit breakers in the event of a problem or danger
- Stay away from the pool when you can hear thunder, see lightning, or during a thunderstorm
- Utilize qualified, licensed electrician to ensure the pool’s electrical system is up to local and national codes
- Wiring and junction boxes should be at least 5 feet away from the pool
- Use GFCI outlets outdoors, and especially near pools. Test the outlets monthly to ensure proper operation
- Don’t use extension cords in or around the pool, or electrical appliances within 5 feet of the pool
- Have a licensed electrician relocate any electrical wiring hanging over the pool
If you’re considering installing additional lighting for your pool, or upgrading the electrical components, contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL. Our licensed electricians have the expertise to assure safe pool lighting installation, and lighting that will beautify your pool.
Mister Sparky’s licensed electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL offer the professional electrical services you need, including the installation of pool lighting. Our licensed electricians in Huntsville, AL provide professional grade residential and commercial services. Our electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL provide professional expertise for service you can rely on. We are ready to take your call, and serve the North Alabama region, including but not limited to Athens, Decatur, Guntersville, Gurley, Hazel Green, Huntsville, Madison, New Market, Scottsboro, Toney, and the surrounding areas. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.