LED vs. CFL
The majority of people today tend to be conscientious about turning off the lights when leaving rooms, in order to save electricity. Whether you are environmentally conscious of going green, or want to reduce the cost of the electric bill, energy saving tips can assist in the goal. Mister Sparky electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL can provide for your residential or commercial electrical needs.
The highest energy-efficient and cost-saving lighting solutions available today include Light Emitting Diode (LED) and Compact Florescent Lights (CFLs). LED lighting is a semiconductor light source with significant advantages over all other lighting. LEDs are typically rated to last 25,000 hours or 22 years, or longer. This compares to a year for incandescent, and five years for compact fluorescents. LED lighting has the greatest energy efficiency, consuming up to 95% less energy than an incandescent bulb. Contact Mister Sparky’s electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL for reliable electrical services.
When selecting a light bulb, cost is often a factor in the decision. So just what are the differences in CFL and LED bulbs?:
- CFLs cost less than LED bulbs, and last approximately one fourth or less (depending on the rating of the LED bulb compared to) than LEDs. In addition, CFL bulbs cost slightly more than twice as much to operate as LEDs do.
- When saving the maximum on lighting costs and long-term savings on bulb replacement are the goal, select LED lighting.
- At the minimum, install LEDs in difficult to reach locations, as the replacement of LEDs is significantly less frequent.
- LEDs are durable, while glass CFLs, and incandescent bulbs break easily. Install LED bulbs where children sleep and play for improved safety. In addition, installation in the room’s family members spends the majority of their time will save the most money.
- LED bulbs provide an ideal solution for older homes with outdated light fixtures, as they draw less wattage. However, from a safety standpoint, replacing older light fixtures provides the safest choice. Contact Mister Sparky electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL today to schedule light fixture installation or wiring replacement.
- Spend the extra money for name brand LED bulbs, as the cheaper versions will not attain the lifespan of quality bulbs.
- Incandescent bulbs produce heat, while the LED light bulb stays relatively cool, and CFLs produce no heat. LED or CFL bulbs can also reduce air conditioning costs down by producing little or no heat.
- When the cost of LEDs causes hesitation, begin with post lights and other difficult to reach lighting. Even replacing one bulb, every month or two with an LED will save energy and money. During the summer, when the cost of running air conditioning already drives the bill up, each step that saves energy matters.
When planning to hire electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL for light fixture installation or other electrical services, contact a Mister Sparky licensed electrician to schedule the service. Our electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide assistance in the selection of light bulbs for different applications, and install the light fixture that you need. Mister Sparky electrical contractors in Huntsville, AL have the expertise you can rely on, and offers a wide range of residential and commercial electrical services for your convenience. Our electricians serve the North Alabama region. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.