As any business owner knows, the electric bill is one of the overhead costs that significantly eats away your profits. While you may not know it, lighting accounts for as much as 35% of your business costs. Thankfully, there is a solution, and Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the efficient lighting installation, or electrical repair you need for your North Alabama business. The following lighting tips can assist you in understanding how to enhance your business goals, while saving energy.
A Lighting Plan
First, consider your businesses lighting needs. Do you want to upgrade lighting for employee work areas, public areas or outdoor safety and security? With carefully chosen lighting you can even improve worker productivity and potentially increase sales.
Lighting requires balance and the right type of lighting for your goals. The three types of lighting each serve a different purpose and include:
- Accent lighting is used to create a focal point. For example, a clothing retailer can accent a wall display of clothing or shoes, drawing the attention of consumers.
- Ambient lighting provides general lighting, enabling consumers to shop your products, or lighting general work areas, such as offices with sufficient lighting.
- Task lighting illuminates specific work areas, and is also used for a specific purpose, such as drawing the eye to a specific feature or display.
Each type of lighting uses a different fixture, and an effective lighting plan incorporates all three types of lighting. Selecting the right type of fixture is essential in obtaining efficiency and providing the intended function. A Mister Sparky licensed electrician can provide the type of lighting installation, or electrical repair you need. Examples of fixture types include:
- Fluorescent lights are the common standby in many businesses, including office building, retail stores and others. They are available in a variety of forms, from the standard fixture to pendant lights. They can be used for ambient, direct, indirect or combination lighting.
- Direct lighting utilizes reflective surfaces to enhance lighting for the most light possible over the greatest area.
- Indirect lighting is often used for wall washing, highlighting desired features, or to create ambiance. While it is often used for task lighting, it can also provide ambiance to a space when the lighting provided is soft, and enhances architectural features.
- Combination lighting combines both direct and indirect lighting to provide illumination without glare or visual strain.
- LED lights are ideal for use in all types of lighting and provide the greatest energy efficiency and last longer than any other type of lighting available.
Contact a Mister Sparky electrician for more lighting tips that can enhance productivity in your business, and enhance the atmosphere for consumers. You can rely on the quality of our electrical installations, and trust the reliability of our licensed electricians for electrical repair. Our experienced electricians in Huntsville, AL offer the residential and commercial services you need in the North Alabama area. If your business requires commercial lighting upgrades, installation, or you want greater energy efficiency, contact us today to schedule service. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.