People consistently turn lights on and off, and plug in or unplug appliances. It is inevitable that electrical outlets and switches will experience wear. Over time loose electrical connections can occur, and the plug of appliances can also feel loose in a worn receptacle, and may cause arcing. Worn outlets and switches, and loose electrical connections can create dangerous conditions with the potential for shock and fire. Mister Sparky licensed electricians can provide the electrical repair in Huntsville, AL and other electrical services that you need.
Our electrical outlet and switch services include:
- Installation, repair and replacement of indoor and outdoor outlets, including Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI)
- AC outlets
- Floor outlets
- Upgrading your electrical wiring and outlets to code from two-prong to three-prong
- Installation of tamper resistant receptacles for child safety
- Installation of cable and USB outlets
- Installation of charging stations for your handheld devices for neat, convenient storage while charging
- Replacement or electrical repair in Huntsville, AL for your broken or faulty outlets and switches
- Diagnosis of outlet and switch electrical issues
Types of Outlets
The type of electrical outlet you need depends on a few factors.
- Tamper resistant outlets are a smart choice for homes with small children.
- GFCI outlets are not only the right choice, but are required in wet areas such as near sinks and tubs, and outlets located outdoors.
- If you have numerous USB devices such as cell phones and tablets taking up space in various rooms while charging, USB outlets in a centralized charging station are a way to keep them organized. Furthermore, a charging station can be out of sight when not in use.
- USB outlets have USB ports in them that provide a convenient location to easily charge USB devices without the use of each device’s special USB power supply. They reduce outlet clutter in your home and can be designed to be out of sight when not in use.
- There are a few specifics to consider with the installation of USB outlets. Factors such as the amperage output required for each device, the number of ports the outlet will need to have, and and the location, shape and size of the outlet. USB outlets are a convenient and popular way to charge your and eliminate the clutter, freeing up counter tops, tables, desks and all the places we tend to use.
Why Electrical Outlets Spark
Electricity is delivered to outlets ready for use. When an appliance is plugged in and contact is made with electricity, a spark is created that isn’t always visible. To avoid excessive sparking always ensure the appliance is turned off before you plug it in.
When a Sparking Outlet is Concerning
When an appliance is plugged in and sparking not only occurs, but continues there may be damage to the wire supplying the outlet or other issues. Your first instinct may be to quickly unplug the device, and this is the wrong thing to do as you may receive a shock. Instead, shut off the circuit to the outlet in the home’s electrical panel. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician for electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. Do not delay the repair as damaged wiring places you at risk of an electrical fire in your home.
Furthermore, if you smell burning wire or see smoke, shut off the circuit and contact a licensed electrician. This indicates a dangerous condition requiring prompt action. Our electricians can provide the electrical repair in Huntsville, AL you need.
To ensure the safety of your home, periodically inspect the outlets. Scorch or burn marks can indicate overheating of the wire due to loose connections, wiring issues or overloaded circuits.
A circuit becomes overloaded when it is delivering more current than it’s designed to carry. A common cause is plugging up too many appliances on a circuit at one time. Overloading a circuit is a common cause of a tripped breaker. Contact an electrician in Huntsville, AL to provide electrical upgrades or the electrical repair in Huntsville, AL that you need.
Outlet Repair and Replacement
At Mister Sparky, we are concerned with your safety and satisfaction. Contact our electricians to schedule an electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
Replacing worn switches and installing dimmer switches with electrical repair in Huntsville, AL provides both greater safety and convenience. When dimmers are installed, you gain the ability to control the level of lighting. You are able to adjust the lighting from bright enough to complete a task, to low level lighting to create warmth and ambiance.
However, there are additional benefits. Low light levels reduce the amount of electricity used, saving you money on the energy bill. Furthermore, the light bulbs will last longer. It is also important to note that dimmer switches are now available for LED lights, so saving energy is twofold and the convenience is priceless.
If you need electrical outlets and switches installed, contact Mister Sparky to schedule service. Our licensed electricians offer a wide range of residential and commercial electrical services for your convenience. When you need electrical service you can rely on, backed by the Mister Sparky guarantee, contact us for assistance. You can count on us to provide the expertise you expect for electrical installation and electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. Mister Sparky serves the North Alabama region, and is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.