Are you aware that Mister Sparky electricians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services? Our licensed electricians have the expertise to ensure professional quality electrical installation, electrical repair services, expert inspections, reliable replacements and your satisfaction. If you need electrical services, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL today.
When you need an electrician in Huntsville, AL, any time of the night or day, a Mister Sparky electrician will arrive on time. So whether you need emergency electrical services, or just want to schedule general electrical services, call our electricians today.
Some of our general electrical services include:
Electrical Code Violations
Violations of the electrical code may pose serious safety concerns for North Alabama residents. Code violations can be due to incorrectly sized, damaged or outdated wiring, faulty electrical panels, overloaded circuits, poor connections, exposed wiring hazards and other causes.
If you are wondering who sets the electrical standards, it is the National Electrical Code, or the NEC, who establish the standards which guide electrical repair, installation and other electrical standards. The code is routinely revised, and requires an electrician dedicated to staying up-to-date, to ensure your home or office is in compliance. In addition, the electrician who is dedicated to being on top of code changes, ensures you receive the highest quality possible for providing for your safety. You can rely on a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL to provide electrical services that are up-to-date and to utilize the highest level of skill a licensed electrician can provide.
When find you have code violations, contact a Mister Sparky electrician for solutions and repair specific to your home or business needs.
There is more to your electrical system than function and safety. For example, lighting contributes to the overall appearance and the atmosphere of your home and office, and recessed lighting is popular now for its clean appearance.
Furthermore, upgrading your lighting provides the opportunity to save energy, indoors and out. This is possible by changing to compact fluorescent bulbs, or for the highest savings and longest lasting bulbs, choose LED lighting. When you need electrical upgrades contact Mister Sparky for reliability and integrity you can trust.
Other upgrades you may consider include:
- The installation of new circuits
- Replacement of failing breakers or a new electric service panel
- Sub panels
- Attic fans, and ceiling fans
- Whole house generators
- A surge suppression network
- Rewiring a home of business
- New outlets, including GFCI’s and tamper resistant outlets to make your home safer for small children and many other services
The Need for Rewiring Your Home
Worn, damaged or outdated electrical wiring can be a fire and shock hazard. Unfortunately, with the wiring out of sight in the walls, recognizing a problem typically depends on the signs of an electrical problem. Some of the signs you may be experiencing include:
- An outdated fuse box with screw in fuses is a definite sign your home’s electrical panel should be upgraded to code. The breaker box offers a safer and more reliable electrical service with the capacity to carry the required load. Installation is also an opportunity to wire for upgrades.
- Wire that is visibly worn, frayed or burned should be promptly replaced. This includes the wiring going to and from your electrical panel.
- If shocks are occurring when you touch an appliance, outlets or switches, contact your Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, Al for repair.
In addition, any outlet that feels overly warm to touch, or have signs of scorching, melting or other damage, requires prompt action. Shut off the electrical circuit to the affected location and contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, Al for prompt repair.
- Outlets and/or switches that do not work are a certain sign of an electrical problem.
- If you are experiencing consistently tripping breakers, or blown fuses, contact your electrician in Huntsville, AL promptly.
- The frequent loss of power when your neighbors do not, is a certain sign of a problem.
- The smell of burning wires requires action. If you can locate the source shut off the circuit breaker supplying the location, and contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL.
- Frequently dimming or flickering lights may indicate a problem with your electrical system. Before calling your electrician, first check the bulbs. Ensure they are securely in the socket (but do not over tighten). If necessary, replace all the bulbs. If that does not correct the problem, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL for repair.
- The presence of two pronged outlets is a sure sign of an outdated electrical system lacking a ground. Schedule service today for bringing it up to code. You will be safer, and the items you plug in can potentially last longer.
- It is a problem that plagues all of us. We can build a house with ample outlets, and within a decade, we need more. Don’t risk your safety using extension cords, full time. Schedule an upgrade with a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, Al.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlets provide protection for you against shock, and are required by code in the bathrooms, kitchens or outdoor areas.
A Mister Sparky licensed electrician in Huntsville, AL provides prompt and effective electrical services. You can rely on Mister Sparky to provide the attention to detail required to ensure your safety. Our electricians serve the North Alabama regions, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.