When you consider the benefits, there is no question regarding the value of the bathroom exhaust fan. Yet not every home features the fan, leaving homeowner’s relying on a window for ventilation. However, few persons are willing to open the window for moisture to escape, especially in the winter. A bathroom exhaust fan provides an a comfortable and effective means for providing bathroom ventilation. If you need a bathroom exhaust fan installation or replacement, contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL today.
Without ventilation, moisture accumulates in the bathroom, and can cause unhealthy mold, mildew and wood rot. An exhaust fan removes the moisture that showering and baths can cause, as well as removing odors. If you need an exhaust fan installed, replacement or repair,
The bathroom exhaust fan provides a number of benefits, including:
- Bathroom odor control is a feature everyone expects.
- Bathroom moisture control is an essential function. Showering and bathing causes the accumulation of moisture on bathroom surfaces, including on the walls, ceilings, and other. The exhaust fan removes the moisture and dries the surfaces preventing the development of unhealthy mold and mildew. In addition, mold and mildew can stain surfaces, but the primary concern is potential health effects, especially for those with respiratory conditions and allergies.
- Removing the moisture prevents wood rot, paint damage and protects building materials even in the attic from excessive moisture. Moisture can also penetrate the walls, damaging the wood framing, the insulation and can cause mold or mildew in the walls.
It is important to ensure the bathroom exhaust fan is properly installed. For example, our electricians occasionally come across a fans that has been exhausting into the attic. The potential complications due to the attic exhaust are related to the moisture the fan removes from the bathroom. Once in the attic, the moisture will begin to rot the home’s structure in the attic, and may cause mold and mildew, as well as increase the incidence of pests. It is essential the fan is exhausted outdoors.
In addition, the exhaust fan is not one-size-fits-all. Available in a variety of sizes, the size your bathroom requires depends on the size of the bathroom. If it is undersized for the bathroom needs, moisture will continue to be a source of problems. If you plan to have a bathroom exhaust fan installed for the first time, a duct will be required to carry the moist air outdoors. Proper installation does not end there. You cannot simply cut through a structural support in order to install the duct. Furthermore, there is the wiring to be considered for the fan and its switch. Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the professional electrical services required for the installation of a bathroom exhaust fan.
Considerations for the Selection
There are a wide variety of exhaust fans and available features to select from. Features from a basic fan that exhausts only, to fan and lighting, heat and different noise levels. Further information on some of the available features include:
- Lighting is a popular option, including a night light feature for safer trips to the bathroom at night. Our electricians in Huntsville, AL will install the exhaust fan of your choice.
- Select bathroom exhaust fans also can provide heat. Our electricians in Huntsville, AL can provide the installation you need.
- If your bathroom space is large, you may require more than one exhaust fan. The general recommendation is a fan capable of moving 1 cubic foot per minute (cfm) of air for every square foot of bathroom space. Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL can install the fan or fans you require.
- Select a fan that operates quietly. For example, if you are remodeling a bathroom into a relaxing spa like area, you will not want a noisy exhaust fan. Numbers are assigned each fan indicating its noise level. Select a noise level of 1 sone or less for a quiet fan.
How to Use an Exhaust fan
Using the exhaust fan properly will ensure moisture is removed. After showering or a bath, the fan should be allowed to continue to run for 20 minutes. If it is your habit to shower, dress and leave for work or school, choose a fan with a timer for automatic shutdown. Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL today to schedule an installation.
You can rely on Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL for the professional installation or replacement of a bathroom exhaust fan. Our licensed, professional electricians in Huntsville, AL are available to provide the electrical services you require. In addition, we offer 24 hour emergency electrical service for your convenience. You can rely on the professional expertise that our electricians in Huntsville, AL will provide for service you can trust that meets and/or exceeds the industry standards. We serve the North Alabama region. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.