A growing number of families want the movie theater experience in the comfort of their own homes. From the basic setup to a dedicated home theater with the seats, lighting, and big screen sound and action, the proper function will require an electrician in Huntsville, AL.
Installing the proper lighting and its control is one of the ways to recreate a movie theater atmosphere. A dimmer switch allows you to bring the lighting down before a movie comes on. In addition, lighting can be controlled by remote control right from the comfort of your chair. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the installation and lighting features you need.
Lighting intensity is a factor that also affects the viewing comfort of a movie. Overly bright lighting will ruin the theater effect and potentially strain viewer’s eyes. Soft, even lighting without glare offers comfortable viewing, while promoting the theater atmosphere. In addition, a bright television can also create discomfort, you can avoid this by reducing the contrast in the TV’s settings.
Recessed lighting also adds a sophisticated appearance to a movie theater, and it also can be controlled by a dimmer for that authentic atmosphere. Consider all planned uses for the room before calling an electrician, you will want to have a plan in place for the new home theater’s lighting.
On today’s market, there are a large number of lighting options available to provide the style, and mood you want to achieve in a home theater. However, also consider the type of lighting and wattage allowed in the fixture. For example, if the home theater doubles up as an entertainment room with a pool table, the proper lighting over the pool table will be required. You would not want to select a fixture that only allows low wattage lighting.
Furthermore, never exceed the recommended wattage of a light fixture. This can lead to damage of the fixture, and fire. The options available include:
- Wall sconces
- LED lighting
- Recessed lighting
- Rope and strip lighting
- Three-way bulbs are a low cost means of providing a variety of lighting for a basic home theater room
A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the professional electrical services you need.
Lighting, wiring, and projectors require advance planning in a home theater installation. When building a new home that may include a home theater at a later date, go ahead and have the wiring and required outlets, cable plugs and lighting installed during construction. Doing so will save money rather than retrofitting the walls at a later date. Advanced planning enables the electrician in Huntsville, AL to provide the required services, so it will be ready when you are. For those who plan to convert an existing room, a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the professional wiring and installation of the service outlets you need.
Proper wiring and dedicated outlets, cable boxes and other needs where required, eliminates the mass of tangled wires that plagues home theaters and entertainment rooms. In existing home theaters, use cable tidies and careful labeling of wires to tidy the wires. However, if you prefer a permanent solution, a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide it.
A quality sound system is as important as the image in the home theater experience. Wireless speakers are a popular option, but require periodic battery changes. Wired speakers are a carefree option, but can leave the wires exposed to view. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide a solution ideal for a home theater.
When installing a home theater, a licensed electrician is required for the following:
- The installation of electrical wiring
- Electrical outlet installation
- Providing a direct wiring of components into the homes electrical system
- The installation of dimmer switches
- Lighting installation
- Wiring connections in the home’s electrical panel
- When planning to mount a television to the wall, be prepared to hire an electrician in Huntsville, AL to provide an outlet installation. Furthermore, if the TV will be flush with the wall a recessed outlet will be especially beneficial.
- Measure the wall where the TV will be mounted. If the wall is large and the set too small, the experience will not be appealing or comfortable on viewer’s eyes. On the other hand, you do not want a TV larger than the available wall space.
- When planning to install the components of the home theater yourself, ensure ample speaker wire is available. Furthermore, select a quality grade for the best sound that is rated for optimal performance with the length required.
- If battery powered speakers will be used, ensure the location is accessible. After all, you will be changing those batteries routinely and will not want to relocate furniture each time the batteries need changing.
- Ceiling embellishments of specialized lighting or vintage, upscale molding add vintage Hollywood style drama and style.
- Select seating not only for style, but also for comfort. You will spend more time in your home theater if you are comfortable.
When your new home theater is set up and ready for use, you will have invested a significant amount of money in it. Consider a surge protection network to protect your investment. Surge protection strips are only a part of protecting your sensitive electronics. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL for additional information.
When you’re ready to install a home theater in your home, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL. Our licensed electricians can provide the electrical services you require. Mister Sparky serves the North Alabama region, and offers a broad range of electrical services, including residential and commercial 24/7 emergency electrical services. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.