When to Call for Emergency Service
Mister Sparky electricians are among the most trusted electricians in the nation. Our rigid hiring practices ensure you receive the best electricians available. Whether you need a minor electrical repair in Huntsville, AL or have a major electrical emergency on your hands, our emergency electricians are available 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week.
Electrical problems should never be ignored due to the potential for a house fire. When electrical problems occur in your home, contact a Mister Sparky licensed emergency electrician for repair.
The top causes of house fires include:
- Worn or frayed cords can cause shock, and ignite flooring, rugs, curtains and upholstery.
- Never run electrical cords under a rug. An overheated cord can cause a fire.
- When your home has an outdated electrical system with two prong outlets; finding electrical items with a two prong plug is often difficult. As a result, homeowner’s often clip off the third plug in order to use it in a two prong outlet. Removal of the third plug, which is the grounding plug, places you at risk of shock, and of a house fire.
- Every light fixture is rated for use with a maximum wattage light bulb. Using bulbs with a higher wattage than recommended can cause fires. This includes light fixtures, lamps and all types of lighting.
- It is not uncommon for people to cover a lamp with a towel, for example, to reduce the light level. Unfortunately, it is a common cause of house fires. Use a three way lamp and bulb, a dimmer switch, or a lower watt bulb.
- Faulty lighting of all types is often responsible for house fires. Only purchase electrical products of any type that is tested and approved for safety, such as those with a UL listing.
- Extension cords are not designed for consistent use. When you are required to use an extension cord, or a power strip, an electrical upgrade is indicated. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the installation of additional outlets and circuits in your home.
- If you use space heaters in your home or office, use the radiator type. They’re less likely to cause fires than other electric heaters, but should still be kept a safe distance from combustible materials.
- Outdated wiring is 20 years old or older. Through the years, electrical surges, overloaded circuits and lightning may have caused unseen damage. Over time, as the demand grows from an increasing number of appliances and other electrical products, the home’s wiring may be insufficient to fill the need. This can result in wiring damage and a potential for fire. Our electricians can provide electrical upgrades ensuring your safety. You can rely on Mister Sparky to provide reliable electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
When to Call an Emergency Electrician
When you have an electrical problem that feel is threatening, call our licensed electricians for electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. Your safety is of the utmost importance, so it’s best to contact a Mister Sparky electrician during an electrical emergency.
The following provides some basic guidelines of when you should contact an electrician to provide electrical repair in Huntsville, AL:
- If you are experiencing a problem for longer than an hour, (such as flickering lights throughout the house, contact an electrician for electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. Check your neighbors’ lights, if theirs is doing the same thing, a limb may be on a power line, for example. Report the condition to your power company.
- A faulty breaker that makes a loud buzzing or humming noise can indicate a faulty breaker attempting to trip. This is an extremely dangerous situation that can result in a house fire. Contact an electrician for emergency electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
- A number of issues can cause a loss of power. Before calling an electrician check on your neighbors’ houses. If they have also lost power you should call the power company, rather than an electrician. However, if only your home has been affected, and it isn’t a thrown breaker, contact an electrician for electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
- The odor of burning wire indicates a serious problem is occurring. Burning wire can turn into a house fire. Shut off the breaker to the affected circuit, and call Mister Sparky for electrical repair in Huntsville, AL .
- Scorch marks or melted plastic on an outlet cover is a likely sign they have been overloaded and overheated. You will need the services of a licensed electrician to provide electrical wiring repair.
Contact Mister Sparky emergency electricians any time of the night or day when you need emergency electrical services. We will respond quickly to identify the problem and provide electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. You can rely on the expertise of our electricians to meet and/or exceed the industry standards. Mister Sparky serves the North Alabama region, and is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.