With the permanent installation of a backup generator for your home and/or business, you will never have to tolerate a power outage again. Backup generators, also called a standby generator, operate on natural gas or propane fuel. It delivers electricity directly to your home’s electrical system, and can supply your entire home with power, or just the essential items. The choice is yours, and a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the professional installation you require.
While a manual model is available, the automatic generator is the most convenient. A manual generator requires you to go outdoors and start it regardless of the weather. Furthermore, if you are away from home when the power goes out, without someone to start it, the food in your refrigerator and freezer are at risk.
An automatic generator takes care of it for you, starting up and shutting off when the power comes back on. The only limitations to an automatic generator is when your fuel supply is liquid propane. Once the tank is empty, your generator will not operate. Natural gas is the best option when it is available. With an unlimited supply, and the lower cost, natural gas will ensure your generator is up and running for as long as it is required.
Portable generators require consistent refueling, regardless of the weather, and are limited on the amount of appliances they will operate. Furthermore, extension cords are required, representing both an electrical danger and inconvenience with cords running through a door or window. Plus, a standby generator is permanently installed, so you will not have to worry about it being stolen while you sleep. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide a professional installation for you.
When a Generator Is a Necessity
When a member of your household relies on life sustaining medical equipment, a generator is a necessity. When the power goes off, it can leave them without the life sustaining equipment they need. Portable oxygen is one example where a number of loved ones rely on it when the power goes out. With an automatic generator, your loved one will always have the power they need for medical equipment, and you can both enjoy peace of mind. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL to schedule installation.
The automatic generator tests itself once per week, ensuring it is always ready when you need it. This eliminates the portable that will not start, because the carburetor is in need of cleaning after sitting up a while. If you are ready to install a standby generator, or would like additional information, contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL today.
The installation of a standby generator requires a licensed electrician with experience. This is due to its installation at the power meter, and connection to the home’s electrical panel. Standby generator installation is not a DIY job, never attempt it yourself. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL for a professional installation.
The benefits of an automatic standby generator are equally appreciated by those who have used a portable generator, as well as those who have not previously had a generator at all. The benefits include:
- Automatically starts within 10 seconds of power being lost.
- Starts itself in a weekly test, ensuring its operation when you need it.
- Operates quieter than a portable generator.
- Standby generators are safer, provide greater reliability, and consume less fuel than portable generators.
- Standby generators start and stop automatically, with no effort required by you. In inclement weather, you can stay in the dry and out of the weather, with no need to refuel. A Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL can provide the reliable installation you need.
- Thunderstorms often are accompanied by heavy rains and flooding. If your basement has an issue with flooding, you likely have a sump pump located in the basement. Unfortunately, when the power is out, your sump pump is unable to maintain a dry basement. You may have a battery backup sump pump, but the amount of time they can operate on the battery is limited. If flooding is still an issue when the battery is depleted, flooding occurs. A standby generator automatically operates, allowing the sump pump to run, preventing the severe water damage of your home flooding can cause.
- A standby generator ensures the lines of communication continue uninterrupted. Few households contain a telephone on a hard line, with most families opting for cordless phones, television or a computer to stay in touch with the outside world. Furthermore, after severe storms with damage, you may need to be aware of blocked roads and debris fields. A standby generator will ensure your home phone, television and computer can work so you are able to receive critical updates and weather warnings.
- In North Alabama, the loss of power during a frigid winter night, or during extreme heat can be dangerous, especially for the elderly, infants and those with health issues. A standby generator can ensure your heating and air conditioning operates when you need it. Contact a Mister Sparky electrician in Huntsville, AL today to schedule installation.
- A standby generator ensures the power needed to operate life saving medical equipment is always available.
Contact Mister Sparky to schedule standby generator installation. You can rely on a Mister Sparky professional electrician in Huntsville, AL for all your electrical needs. We serve the North Alabama region. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.