Home theaters are highly popular, and vary from a professional set up in the living room, to a dedicated room with a full scale home theater. A home theater requires adequate electrical and cable outlets. Extension cords are neither an attractive solution, or the safest option for a home theater. Contact Mister Sparky for installation, inspection and the electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL that you need.
Creating the Home Theater of Your Dreams
The home theater setup is comprised of the audio, video and television, but a home theater includes other elements in achieving the best experience. Lighting is an important feature and can affect your viewing pleasure. Other components of the home theater experience can include seating and accessories.
Lighting and its placement should be carefully selected. Placement is important because it is difficult to enjoy a movie with bright lights shining in your eyes or on the television screen. A dimmer will allow you to control lighting intensity, and replicates the lights down effect in theaters. Recessed lighting is an ideal choice for home theaters, and dimmers can be installed to control them, including LED lighting. Dimmer switches are essential in a home theater, in order to provide comfortable viewing. Mister Sparky can provide the electrical installation you require when setting up a home theater. In addition, if you run into problems, our electricians can provide the electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL you need.
In addition, if your theater is located in an entertainment room, you will need to consider lighting for other uses, whether it is a gaming area, bar, pool table or other. Mister Sparky electricians can provide the installation, retrofitting and electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL that you need.
Part of the process in creating a home theater is planning. You will need a licensed electrician to provide specific electrical services during its installation, and hiring an electrician will ensure your compliance with the building code. Mister Sparky professional electricians can take care of the following electrical services for you:
- The installation and/or electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL of electrical wiring
- The installation of electrical and cable outlets
- Dimmer switch installation
- Lighting installation
- Electrical services provided in the home’s electrical panel, such as hooking up a new electrical circuit to serve your home theater
- If you are renovating or retrofitting a home theater and run into electrical problems, Mister Sparky can provide the electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL you need
Tips for a Better Home Theater Experience
- Measure the wall before purchasing a television to ensure it is not too large, and factor in additional space for the TV frame. Furthermore, if you will be using a projector screen, you will also need to ensure the projected image will not be larger than the wall space.
- If you will be installing the audio equipment yourself, ensure you have an adequate amount of quality speaker wire. The splicing of speaker wire will affect the sound quality, and a poor grade of wire will reduce the sound quality.
- If you will be using battery powered speakers, they will require periodic changing. Locate them in the best location for access without moving furniture, while maintaining the sound distribution you need.
- Comfortable seating for your viewing is a necessity. You will not enjoy your movie as well if seating is uncomfortable, even if it does look great. If you are unable to reconcile comfort and looks, ask the dealer if alternate colors and materials are available.
Protecting Your Equipment
Electronics are extremely sensitive to power surges. Surges can be generated from within the home, as when the HVAC system cuts on, or from external sources, such as on the power grid or lightning. Surge protection strips by themselves cannot provide the necessary protection against all surges. The best protection is a surge protection network. The network contains Type 1 and Type 2 surge protection devices, one is installed at the power meter, and the other in the home’s electrical panel. Surge protection strips only take care of small or residual surges left after the voltage goes through step one and two devices. Mister Sparky can provide the installation you require, and the electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL when you need it.
Mister Sparky licensed electricians can provide the professional electrical services you require for a home theater. In addition, our electricians offer a wide range of residential and commercial electrical services, including electrical repair services in Huntsville, AL. Our experienced electricians provide the professional services that meet and/or exceed the industry standards for quality you can count on . Mister Sparky serves the North Alabama region and is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.