Recessed lighting refers to fixtures that are installed flush with ceilings or walls. Highly popular for its sleek, ultra modern and minimalist appearance, when installed in the ceiling, it provides an unobstructed line of sight that creates the illusion of a higher ceiling. It is versatile enough to blend with almost any style, and in almost any space, including showers and baths. In addition, recessed lighting can be used as spotlighting, ambient lighting and task lighting. When saving energy matters, LED recessed lighting can be used with a dimmer for the mood you want to create, increased function and the significant savings of LED lighting. If you’re ready for recessed lighting to be installed, contact Mister Sparky for professional electrical installation, replacement and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
Recessed lighting offers a variety of styles and finishes for trim rings. You can also install them in baths and showers with waterproof covers, called “eyeball trims”, designed for wet areas. In addition, when properly installed, it provides evenly distributed light. Ultimately, lighting choices are a matter of personal taste, and recessed lighting offers an option in addition to traditional lighting. Mister Sparky offers reliable installation services, and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL by licensed electricians.
It’s important to note that recessed lighting is available in two ratings. IC-rated housing is used in ceilings or other areas where it will be in contact with insulation. Non-IC housing is used in locations where there will be no contact with insulation. When you contact Mister Sparky electricians for electrical installation, we can take care of all the details of your upgrades and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL.
Recessed lighting can provide task, ambient and accent lighting in your home. However, as you are planning your electrical upgrade, consider the following for the best outcome:
- Don’t overdo it for the best appearance, and remember to use other forms of lighting in the room for the best effect. For example, use other lighting over the bathroom mirror to avoid shadows. Mister Sparky electricians can provide the assistance you require, and the installation and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL you can rely on.
- Use recessed lighting located near walls to provide wall washing. Wall washing can be used to brighten dark rooms and to showcase architectural features or other items.
- The light bulbs used in your new recessed lighting is vital in the quality of light, brightness, beam, distribution and energy efficiency. Studying up on the qualities different types of lighting will provide before making your selection.
- Ceiling height is a consideration. In general, recessed lighting shouldn’t be installed on ceilings less than 8 ft. in height.
Styles and Features
There are a growing number of finishes and styles to select from in recessed lighting.
- Trim variety is more than simply white or black. You can select from decorative metals such as nickel, copper, bronze and others. You will also have a choice in regards to the interior reflectors. The finish isn’t your only choice, you can also select from a growing number of styles to complement your interior. Trims are also available in flush fit, where it is housed even with the wall or ceiling with no need for trims. The fixture is finished with sheet rock mud, during new home construction.
- Not all recessed lighting is round. Square and rectangular light fixtures are also available to compliment walls. Regardless of your style, recessed lighting complements any decor.
- LED lighting is the latest technology in recessed lighting. They offer the most energy efficient lighting and by far outlast other lighting options while saving energy. The cost of LED bulbs is slowly decreasing, and they will pay back your investment in them time after time. Want to save even more while creating mood lighting? Dimmers are now available for LED lighting. However, the package should be checked for dimmers that are compatible, otherwise, the light will make a noise on low level settings. Our electricians can provide the installation and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL you need.
If you require the installation of recessed lighting, or other professional electrical services, contact Mister Sparky to schedule service today. Our goal is to provide superior quality electrical services, and a trouble free experience with long lasting results. Mister Sparky offers installation and home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL. In addition, our electricians provide emergency electrical services 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week for your convenience. Our licensed electricians provide the expertise to ensure professional quality electrical installations, home electrical repair in Huntsville, AL, and reliable electrical inspection. We serve the North Alabama region and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.