If you live in Alabama you are familiar with power outages. Regardless of the cause, they are never convenient. Furthermore, they can be dangerous for infants, the elderly and those with health problems. A standby generator ensures your home receives the electricity it requires, whether for the entire home, or just the basic necessities, the choice is yours. If you are ready for installation, contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL for additional information or to schedule installation.
How it Can Help You
A standby generator can supply the electricity you require to maintain your comfort, safety, and provide heating and cooling when a power outage occurs. They are available in manual start, or an automatic standby generator. The automatic model starts itself when the power goes out, allowing you to remain in the comfort of your home. Furthermore, if you are away from home when an extended outage occurs, you will not return home to spoiled food in the refrigerator or freezer. Our licensed electricians have the expertise to provide the generator installation, repair and maintenance you can rely on.
Standby generators are available that operate on diesel fuel, propane or natural gas. Natural gas is recommended when available, because you will not need to store extra fuel, or worry about it running out. An additional benefit is they are permanently installed, and less likely to be stolen. Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL to schedule an installation.
Why You Will Require an Electrician
A standby generator is wired into the home’s electrical system and main power supply. Once hardwired into the system, the generator can detect when the power has failed and will automatically start. Only a licensed electrician should provide the electrical services required for a standby generator installation. This is due to its installation at the power meter, and to the home’s electrical panel. Furthermore, our electricians in Huntsville, AL can assist you in selecting the size you will need, ensuring your satisfaction with the product. Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL for a professional generator installation.
The Cons of a Portable Generator
Portable generators will require routine refueling, and are limited on the number of appliances they will operate. In addition, extension cords are required to supply the appliances with electricity from the portable generator. Cords running through doors and windows affect your home’s security and the safety of the occupants. You can rely on Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL to provide the professional installation of a standby generator for your home.
Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL to schedule a consultation and/or the professional installation of a automatic standby generator. You can rely on our expertise for a reliable installation, electrical repair and service.
When a Generator Is a Necessity
Households with a family member who relies on medical equipment, requires a generator to ensure operation during power outages. Portable generators are common in these households. However, it takes strict diligence to ensure the portable will start and run when required. Gasoline containing ethanol can foul up the carburetor quickly. If you rely on a portable generator it should be started weekly, with ethanol treatment used in the fuel. When an automatic generator is installed in your home, you will not have to wonder if the power they need for medical equipment is available. Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL today to schedule the installation of a standby generator.
The benefits of an automatic standby generator include:
- Automatically starts and stops as required without any effort on your part.
- Self performs a weekly test, ensuring its operation when you need it.
- Operates quietly, unlike noisy portable generators.
- Is safer, more reliable, and consumes less fuel than portable generators.
- The thunderstorms which often knock the power out can be accompanied by heavy rains and flooding. If your basement has a sump pump, flooding may occur when the power is out. While battery backup sump pumps are available, they operate for a limited amount of time before the battery is depleted, potentially resulting in flooding. A standby generator ensures the sump pump has the power it requires at all times, to pump water away from your basement.
- A standby generator ensures portable phones, televisions, and computers continue to operate during a power outage. Continued power enables you to receive critical weather updates and warnings, and to check on family and friends.
- During weather with extremely high or low temperatures, the elderly, infants and those with health issues can be in danger when the power goes out. A standby generator can ensure your heating and air conditioning continues to maintain your comfort. Contact Mister Sparky electricians in Huntsville, AL today to schedule an installation.
- A standby generator reliably ensures the power needed to operate life sustaining medical equipment is always available. Oxygen concentrators, ventilators, IV pumps, suctioning, monitors, and other medical equipment may be all that stands between life and death for a family member. A standby generator can ensure the consistent power source your loved one requires, night or day, 365 days a year.
Contact Mister Sparky to schedule standby generator installation. You can rely on Mister Sparky professional electricians in Huntsville, AL for all your electrical needs. We serve the North Alabama region. Mister Sparky is a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.