Electricians in Huntsville – Most homeowners know that when it comes to the largest consumption of electricity in their home it is usually due to heating and air conditioning systems and hot water heaters. However, you may not realize it but refrigerators are right there behind these two.
If your refrigerator is more than ten years old, consider purchasing a newer more energy-efficient refrigerator. Furthermore, if your home has outdated wiring, then consider having professional electricians in Huntsville install new wiring, grounded outlets and whole-house surge protection to help modernize your home’s electrical system. Below we will go over the following tips with refrigerators to help keep the electrical costs down.
If you are shopping for a new refrigerator consider these options:
- Purchase a refrigerator that has an Energy Star label. Energy Star refrigerators use at minimum 15% less electricity than models that do not qualify for the label.
- Purchase the smallest refrigerator that will fill your needs. You do not need a large double-sided refrigerator if you have less than 3 persons in your household.
If you already have made a recent purchase for a refrigerator and / or just purchased your Energy Star qualified refrigerator then following the tips below will help conserve the amount of electricity your refrigerator will use, cutting back on the costs associated with the operation of one. If you need assistance with your electrical system at home and you are looking for professional electricians in Huntsville, then give Mister Sparky a call now.
- The recommended temperature in the fresh food compartment should be around 35 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. In the freezer, it should be set to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. If your refrigerator does not have a digital display then use an appliance thermometer in a glass of water in the center of the refrigerator to check the internal temperatures. Leave the glass in both the refrigerator and the freezer for 24 hours to get a more exact reading. Adjust the gauges as needed until you get the temperature settings just right.
- Refrigerators with icemakers and door dispensers will increase the energy cost associated with operating them.
- Inspect the door seals for the refrigerator and ensure they are airtight. In order to test this you can place a dollar bill half in and half way out or the refrigerator. Close the door with the dollar bill in place and if you are able to easily pull the dollar bill out, then the door may need to be adjusted or the magnetic seal may need to be replaced.
- Do not overfill the refrigerator, as this will impede its ability to circulate air throughout the system and result in uneven temperatures which will cause it to work harder. However, do not leave your refrigerator almost completely bare either, especially in concerns with the freezer as the frozen items in the freezer will also help keep the internal temperatures lower for much longer, requiring the freezer to not have to kick on as often.
- Before placing left over food into the refrigerator allow the food to cool down. With liquids, cover and seal them. This not only preserves the food and prevents the odor of the food spreading throughout the refrigerator but it also prevents the release of moisture which will cause the refrigerator’s compressor to have to work harder.
- Inspect the coils behind or under the refrigerator every 6 months or so and brush or vacuum to ensure they stay clean in order to maintain the refrigerator operates efficiency.
- If the freezer does not offer self-defrosting, defrost it periodically to prevent excessive ice from building up inside of the freezer.
Mister Sparky will provide professional, licensed electricians in Huntsville that you can rely on. Whether you are in need of electrical repair, installation or maintenance you can count on our electricians in Huntsville to exceed your expectations and ensure your satisfaction.
Whenever you require the professional services from electricians in Huntsville you deserve to receive an electrician whom is qualified, licensed, with both the experience and the know-how to provide a prompt and professional job that is up to code and most of all safe. Whenever you schedule an appointment with Mister Sparky you can rest assured knowing that you will be receiving the best electrical service that North Alabama has to offer.
About Mister Sparky in Huntsville, Alabama
Mister Sparky was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1996. The original location in Atlanta, Georgia is now one of the leading residential electrical service and repair companies in the entire Eastern United States and is also one of the biggest nationwide. Mister Sparky has a superior record for delivering fast, on-time service, accurate upfront pricing with an overall professional and pleasant experience for customers who are looking for electricians in Huntsville.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from our competition by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” contractors in the electrical field and we are leading the pact with superior service nationwide. Mister Sparky has over 86 locations nationwide and we are growing tremendously each and every year. With honest and professional service that simply gets the job done; time after time again you count on Mister Sparky providing you with professional electricians in Huntsville.
No matter what type of electrical problems you are having if you need electricians in Huntsville, you can rely on Mister Sparky to deliver professional and prompt service. All of our electricians are well-trained, vetted and can resolve any electrical issue in a prompt, professional and accurate manner. If you need electricians in Huntsville, you can rest assure knowing that you are in good hands with Mister Sparky. For your convenience we are available three hundred and sixty five days a year and twenty four hours a day for emergency services. When you use Mister Sparky for your next electrical problem, installation or maintenance needs, you cannot go wrong.