Electrical Service in Huntsville, AL – Safely using electricity in your home is important for the well-being of your family and may very well help you reduce electrical usage and the costs associated with it. Keeping your family safe by making sure that all electrical appliances and equipment in your home is safe to use and in optimal working order is the first place to start.
In this article we will go over safe usage for electrical appliances and other equipment commonly found around homes and we hope that these simple tips will help keep your electrical appliances, electronics and other electrical equipment in good working order; making your home all the more safer for you and your loved ones. If you are in need of professional electric service in Huntsville, AL then consider giving Mister Sparky a call today to schedule an appointment.
Tips for the safe usage of electrical appliances and equipment
- You should never attempt to use an aging faulty electrical appliance that has a frayed cord, cracked or broken plug. Frayed and / or damaged cords should be replaced immediately or the appliance should be disposed of. Many old plugs do not have the safety barriers between connections, you should have them replaced by a company that specializes in electric service in Huntsville, AL or get rid of the item.
- All appliances and electronics should have a regulatory compliance mark and the plugs should have insulated pins. If they do not, reconsider using these items in your home for your safety and more importantly for the other members of your household.
- You should never attempt to repair a faulty electrical appliance yourself unless you yourself are a qualified repair technician or a licensed electrician that can repair broken appliances and electronics. Get in touch with a professional electric service in Huntsville, AL such as Mister Sparky for all of your electrical needs.
- Never touch or attempt to repair a loose, cracked or broken power point switch. You should cover it immediately and get in touch with a professional electric service in Huntsville, AL such as Mister Sparky so that one of our licensed and professional electricians can assist you and replace it for you.
- Do not piggyback adaptors, instead make use of a power board that has a built-in safety device.
- Always make sure to have your appliances serviced based upon the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Periodically clean the lint that will find its way stuck to the grill behind your refrigerator and make sure you clean the lint filter in your dryer after every other use.
- If you have electric blankets, at the beginning of winter inspect them for damaged wires, plugs, leads and hot spots. If any of these problems are found then you should dispose of the electric blanket immediately.
- When you are cleaning out the dust and debris from the back of your refrigerator make sure to also clean out dust, lint and other build-up around the electric motors of your home’s exhaust fans and any other fans around the home.
- Make sure to periodically clean the rangehood filters when you are cleaning the oven and cooktops.
- Never discharge household cleaners, detergents and insecticides on electrical equipment – the chemicals found in these items may very well cause cracking and possibly create an electrical fire hazard.
If you are in need of professional electric service in Huntsville, AL that you can trust to get the job done professionally, adequately and most of all safely; then you can count on Mister Sparky. When you get in touch with Mister Sparky you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving some of the best electrical service in the area guaranteed. Our professional and licensed electricians are some of the best in the area and we can help you with all of your electrical repair, installation and maintenance needs. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to give us a call and one of our professional electricians will be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions or concerns that you may have. For all your electrical service needs, give Mister Sparky a call today.
About Mister Sparky in Huntsville, Alabama
Mister Sparky was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1996. The original location in Atlanta, Georgia is now one of the leading residential electrical service and repair companies in the entire Eastern United States and is also one of the biggest nationwide. Mister Sparky has a superior record for delivering fast, on-time service, accurate upfront pricing with an overall professional and pleasant experience for customers who are looking for electrical service in Huntsville, AL.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from our competition by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” contractors in the electrical field and we are leading the pact with superior service nationwide. Mister Sparky has over 86 locations nationwide and we are growing tremendously each and every year. With honest and professional service that simply gets the job done; time after time again you count on Mister Sparky providing you with professional and prompt electrical service in Huntsville, AL.
No matter what type of electrical problems you are having if you need electrical service in Huntsville, AL, you can rely on Mister Sparky to deliver professional and prompt service. All of our electricians are well-trained, vetted and can resolve any electrical issue in a prompt, professional and accurate manner. If you need electrical service in Huntsville, AL, you can rest assure knowing that you are in good hands with Mister Sparky. For your convenience we are available three hundred and sixty five days a year and twenty four hours a day for emergency services. When you use Mister Sparky for your next electrical problem, installation or maintenance needs, you cannot go wrong.