Electricians in Huntsville, AL – Previously we discussed general safety tips for electrical appliances, electronics and equipment. Today we continue to add-on to this article by adding on keeping children safe from electricity. If you are looking for professional electricians in Huntsville, AL that can assist you with your homes electrical repair, maintenance or upgrade needs then you can count on the expert electricians at Mister Sparky to handle all of your electrical needs.
Children unfortunately are commonly injured from electricity due to poking objects inside of appliances or unused electrical outlets, or even by playing with appliances. When it comes to demographics on those most susceptible, studies sway more so around boys aged nine or older to be the highest statistics at those injured by electricity. For those out there with children and not only just boys around nine years old, we will go over suggestions in this article on how to protect your children from the possibility of an electric shock. If you are looking for professional electricians in Huntsville, AL, then give Mister Sparky a call now.
- Always use childproof plugs in unused outlets in your home so that the children in your home cannot stick items into the sockets.
- You should consider switching off and unplugging all electrical appliances whenever they are not in use.
- Do not permit children to touch or play with electrical cords and make sure that all electrical cords are not dangling within a child’s reach in the home.
- When the children in the home are old enough to understand and comprehend the dangers of electricity, teach them and inform them how to make use of the home’s electrical appliances, electronics and equipment safely.
Water and Electricity
Water and electricity does not mix. Most of us know this but some children do not. Follow these simple and easy tips below and teach your children at home about the perils of water and electricity and the safe usage of electrical equipment.
- Absolutely, never ever operate electrical equipment anywhere near water.
- If your hands or feet are wet, never touch anything electrical at all.
- Never place an electrical object where it can fall into the bathtub or a sink.
- You should never leave any electrical equipment unattended with small children around.
- Turn off and unplug all portable electric appliances, such as hair curlers, hairdryers, straighteners, shavers, etc. after you are done using them.
- During the winter, you should NEVER use a portal space heater in the bathroom. If the bathroom needs heat, then have a strip heater installed on the wall or ceiling by professional electricians in Huntsville, AL.
- If you have an electrical appliance or electronic that has been immersed in water, you should consider throwing it out or have it inspected before you use it again.
- Never use extension cords in wet areas.
Electric shocks tend to be more lethal when in the vicinity of a swimming pool and this is due to the fact that people are usually bare feet, minimum clothing and have wet skin when around swimming pools all of which reduces your body’s insulation and resistance to electricity.
You should never use a portal electrical appliance or electronic or an extension cord where it can possibly be splashed by water or fall into a pool.
Home maintenance and electricity safety
Follow these tips to ensure your safety while carrying out home maintenance:
- Keep clear of electric wires attached to your house or shed
- When using a metal ladder, be aware that metallic contact with the ground increases the risk of receiving a shock – ensure your ladder has rubber ‘feet’
- Ensure the flexible cord of your electric edge trimmer or electric lawn mower is kept away from the blade. If the cord is damaged, switch the power off at the plug immediately. Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself – either dispose of it or have it repaired by professional electricians in Huntsville, AL
Electricians in Huntsville, AL –About Mister Sparky in Huntsville, Alabama
Mister Sparky was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1996. The original location in Atlanta, Georgia is now one of the leading residential electrical service and repair companies in the entire Eastern United States and is also one of the biggest nationwide. Mister Sparky has a superior record for delivering fast, on-time service, accurate upfront pricing with an overall professional and pleasant experience for customers who are looking for electricians in Huntsville, AL.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from our competition by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” contractors in the electrical field and we are leading the pact with superior service nationwide. Mister Sparky has over 86 locations nationwide and we are growing tremendously each and every year. With honest and professional service that simply gets the job done; time after time again you count on Mister Sparky providing you with professional electricians in Huntsville, AL.
No matter what type of electrical problems you are having if you need electricians in Huntsville, AL, you can rely on Mister Sparky to deliver professional and prompt service. All of our electricians are well-trained, vetted and can resolve any electrical issue in a prompt, professional and accurate manner. If you need electricians in Huntsville, AL, you can rest assure knowing that you are in good hands with Mister Sparky. For your convenience we are available three hundred and sixty five days a year and twenty four hours a day for emergency services. When you use Mister Sparky for your next electrical problem, installation or maintenance needs, you cannot go wrong.